Hannah Rogers is another Bloggers Club member (there are quite a few of us, and we are all awesome – FACT). Her blog, The Modern Girl, is a culmination of style, beauty, fashion and awesomeness. Also, Hannah is pretty much my go-to gal for film reviews.
1. What did you have for breakfast? Fresh orchard berries with yoghurt – divine.
2. How long have you been blogging? A year! I started March 10th 2011.
3. Why did you start blogging? A number of reasons, but mostly because I became the go-to girl. People would always suggest to others that they ask me and that I would know – I had tried most beauty products and had seen most movies. I wanted to help more girls out so the blog was formed.
4. What is the best thing about being a blogger? Since starting the blog, I have opened so many new doors and met so many new people. It really has opened up a whole new world!
March is Endometriosis Awareness Month. Not sure what endometriosis is? Don’t worry, neither was I until I went to an event that saw Endometriosis NZ and Redcurrent team up to raise awareness about it.
‘Endo’ causes crippling menstrual and pelvic pain, infertility and can remain undiagnosed in many women for years. Apparently one in ten New Zealand women suffer from this debilitating disease, so the more people that know about it the better!
One in ten women, that’s a heck of a lot. I started asking around my close friends, and found out that it affects a lot of people I know. Chances are that it will affect a woman in your life…
Until recently, I’d never heard of BB cream (I know, really behind on that trend). When I first heard about BB cream, I didn’t really understand what it was or how it worked, so let me give you a bit of a run down just in case you have no idea either…
BB cream (short for “Blemish Balm” or “Beauty Balm”) was originally developed in Germany in the 1960s by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammekt, who designed a post-peel and laser surgery balm for her clients to help with inflamed redness and sun protection. It’s basically a hybrid treatment/moisturiser/makeup that is said to be soothing and ultra-nourishing to your skin while providing light, tinted coverage of dark spots, acne and other facial blemishes. Some variations include an SPF to protect your skin from the sun’s rays and other environmental damage, while providing anti-aging and anti-inflammatory serums to the skin to make it look younger.
Sounds pretty good, right? After doing a bit of research, I really wanted to try some to see if it was as good as I was hearing. However, I had no idea which brand to try! The lovely team at Maybelline New York solved that problem when they contacted me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I wanted to try their new Dream Fresh BB Cream.
Whingy Meagan is in full swing at the moment – I’m unwell (like, “it’s taken me until 5pm to get out of bed so I can write this post” kind of unwell), exhausted, and one of my BFF’s moved to Wellington today. I also have no idea what I’m doing with my uni projects this year and haven’t even begun the huge amount of research I need to do because I’ve been so tired. Looking forward to an early night tonight (despite having only spent about 30 minutes out of bed today), ready for an early start tomorrow morning.
Okay, whinge over. Now on to the wonderful parts of my week…
1. Fresh flowers! I love having fresh flowers in my house. They look great, they smell pretty, and they really do brighten up the place. I took these to one of my BFFs for her birthday this week (making sure to include her favourite sunflowers), and also took a bouquet of lisianthus to a friend who has been unwell. Not only is it nice to have flowers in your home, but it’s nice if they’re from someone else who just wanted to take the time to let you know that they’re thinking of you! Someone should totally bring me flowers… View Post