I have a confession to make: glitter kind of freaks me out. It has a crazy tendency to go everywhere, and then you’re finding glitter on yourself for weeks afterward – not cool! This being said, I do like glitter from a distance – in photographs, when there is some kind of glass barrier between us, and on fingernails. Other people’s nails…
I decided to suck it up and face my glitter fears, as it does look pretty cool on nails and I figured that once the glitter was actually on my nails, it would be sealed with a top coat and therefore unable to escape… View Post
I’d like to introduce you to Amanda Thomas, another member of #nzgirlbloggersclub. Her blog Here Comes The Sun is one of my all time favourites – it is so beautiful and is a great reflection of what is happening in Amanda’s life. I especially love her outfit posts, the fun adventures she takes with her husband, and her photography – taking great photos is something that sets some bloggers apart from the others!
1. What did you have for breakfast? I normally have fruit with toasted muesli and a big coffee but I have time on my hands this morning so I’m making blueberry pancakes!
2. How long have you been blogging? I started in July 2008 so coming up 5 years!
3. Why did you start blogging? I started it at a time in my life where I was so busy with commitments and my life was full of check lists. I was finishing my degree, finishing my wedding planning and beginning to work full time, so I felt that I needed something for myself that I could escape to.
4. What is the best thing about being a blogger? Connecting with like minded people, learning new skills and opportunities to travel, work with brands you admire and meet inspiring people. View Post
AIR REPAIR® Super-Hydrating Eye Cream
I’ll be the first to admit that in the past I have been really naughty and not taken care of my eyes. From not taking off my makeup before I go to bed, to not getting enough sleep, I’ve pretty much neglected my poor peepers. I’ve gone through periods of dutifully looking after my skin, and using eye creams, but for the most part I have been slack and now that I am *ahem* nearing 30, I’m finding that little wrinkles are starting to creep in around my eyes. Not to mention the puffiness and dark circles that seem to go hand in hand with the party lifestyle (if by “party” you mean up studying until late at night!). View Post
1. Remember that job interview I went for last month? I signed my contract this week and will be starting at the end of the month – working part time as a library assistant! Perfect for the final year of my degree.
Stanmore Bay, Whangaparoa
2. An amazing swimsuit shoot with the lovely Cassie Ace, at Stanmore Bay (pictured above). There is nothing that makes me appreciate my job more than being able to photograph someone I admire in a stunning location, and then being able to swim in the ocean, all while the beach is practically deserted because it’s Monday morning and everyone else is stuck in the office. Keep an eye out for pictures from this shoot in the weeks to come… View Post